On July 26, unidentified assailants murdered Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha member Praveen Nettaru. The incident has sparked among the BJP workers across the state. Recently, BJP Yuva Morcha members began to resign in large numbers right after the news spread. After this occurrence, party members in the youth wing are upset and used social media as a means of expressing their anxiety, they threatened to resign in large numbers.

Even though the BJP is in power in the state, Karnataka BJP MLA Renukacharyra has claimed that Hindus are not safe. He also threatened to quit his position as an MLA if the state’s Hindu population is not adequately safeguarded.

Following the death of Praveen Nettaru, there is a significant uprising in Karnataka’s southern regions. Bellare and Sullia have seen protests start, and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has called for a bandh. On July 27, early in the morning, hundreds of people accompanied Praveen Nettaru’s body as it was brought to his residence. According to Mangaluru, the deputy commissioner of police, the case is being carefully investigated.

While protesting the death of Praveen Nettaru, Hindu activists and BJP members surrounded the car of the state party’s president, Nalin Kumar Kateel, and yelled questions at him.

In an effort to head off any potential law and order issues, more security officials have been deployed in the districts of Udupi and Dakshina Kannada. The majority of local establishments, including restaurants and shops, were closed on July 27. Given the challenging circumstances in the area, a number of schools decided to close for the day.

As per the police, Six teams have been established to find the murderers, and 15 people have reportedly been detained for questioning. Three teams have been dispatched to the neighbouring state of Kerala, Hassan, and Madikeri.

BJYM member Praveen Nettaru was fatally hacked on July 26, 2022, by unidentified assailants. According to accounts, the murderers arrived on a bike in the late evening in Bellari, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka, and attacked Nettaru with sharp weapons. When the attack took place, Nettaru, who owned a poultry company, was on his way home. After the attack, the attackers ran away. Despite being brought to the hospital, Nettaru was not able to be saved.

DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.