Common Law Admission Test is a very important exam for students. Today students are smart enough to decide on future opportunities and secure their future. If you dream of making a career in law at an early stage, then you can start preparing for CLAT 2022 at your school, and this can prove to be an advantage for you. Most of the students find their interest in class 11th and 12th and start working on it. If you have planned early in school, you need two years of preparation plan to crack CLAT. You can join the best CLAT 2022 coaching for CLAT 2022. Taking such a decision can be a stepping stone for your career, so make sure you don’t take it lightly and waste your precious time. Always remember that every minute counts.
If you are planning to prepare for CLAT with your school, then you need to keep your schedule very tight. First of all, you need to decide whether you want to prepare for CLAT 2022 or CLAT 2023 according to the class you are currently in and how much time you need to prepare for the exam. Considering the current situation in the country, you can start your CLAT preparation online with law preparation tutorials.
Where to start?
When students are in school, they often have a question “where to start?”. The answer to this question depends on your level of understanding. CLAT preparation with schools can sometimes be overwhelming for the students, so they can start by reading the simplest of books. You can start by reading NCERTs as the first point of reference. Studying NCERTs on Indian Constitution, Indian Polity and improving your English grammar and vocabulary will help you build a foundation. Once you complete the NCERTs, you can gradually start reading mainstream books that are used in the preparation of CLAT.
CLAT Preparation Books:
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin, Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj, Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal, Pearson General Knowledge Manual and reputed newspapers Reading.
create a daily study routine
Nothing big can be achieved in life without following a plan or routine. CLAT preparation with school requires your full-time efforts and time management which can be sustained only by following a study routine.
Going to school and preparing for CLAT together can be really overwhelming for the students and can easily spoil the daily routine of the students. Hence, it is important to create a study routine which is practically feasible and which does not burden you with much study.
Following a strict action plan is even more important than formulating it because, without proper execution, it will be nothing but a waste.
- A good plan may vary depending on each candidate’s needs and daily routine, but certain points should be included in each course of the action plan. Some points are –
- Your action plan should strike a balance between schoolwork – CLAT preparation – physical activity. These are the three most important sections, and all of them should be given enough time.
- The study time should be divided in such a way that you can have small gaps of leisure between the subjects.
- Some type of physical activity such as cycling, yoga, or any type of exercise should be included in your daily routine.
- Divide your day in such a way that you can focus equally on your school and CLAT studies. It is recommended to dedicate at least 3 hours for your CLAT preparation during the first phase of your preparation.
- After the first phase of your preparation, take mock tests regularly to know the progress of your preparation.
- Early to bed and early to rise is a proverb that gives positive results for the students and helps them to start their day in a new mood and energy.
How to start CLAT preparation with school?
If you are starting your preparation from school, you have enough time to develop the core skills needed to pass the exam. Here, core skills mean reading and critical thinking skills, which are generally developed over a period of time. Most of the students develop such skills during their school days, therefore, to start preparing for CLAT in school, one must start by honing such skills.
- Start by reading a reputed newspaper daily; Read the editorial section and legal news very carefully.
- Read legal articles and papers that contain complex legal terminology.
- When reading an article or legal passage, try to identify the arguments and draw conclusions.
If you are planning to prepare for CLAT, you can choose our syllabus for CLAT 2022 and CLAT 2023 based on your preference and start your preparation as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.