Two accused have been arrested by the police for attempting to murder a 16-year-old minor girl in Delhi’s Sangam Vihar. At the same time, Armaan Ali, the main accused in this incident, is still absconding. Police is raiding from place to place to arrest him.

Naina Mishra, a 16-year-old girl who studies in 11th standard at Cambridge International School located at Deoli Road, Delhi, was shot by Armaan Ali on the 25th of August in 2022 while returning from school. The bullet hit the girl’s shoulder.

Naina Mishra stated to the police that Armaan Ali had befriended her two years ago by changing her name on the social media platform, Instagram and for the last 5-6 months she was not talking to Ali. After this Ali started chasing her. Naina Mishra told police that while she was returning from school on 25th August,she felt that some people were following her. When she reached B-Block of Sangam Vihar, Armaan Ali along with two other accomplices opened fire on her. After that, they all ran away.

At the same time, a video has surfaced on social media, where a man is describing himself as Naina Mishra’s father and is sharing his pain and helplessness with people. In the Video the man is saying, “My name is Pankaj Mishra. I belong to the Brahmin community. My daughter Naina Mishra was coming from a school with her mother. A Muslim boy named Ali, used to harass her for a long time. Shot her from behind while coming from school. The man in the video has sought cooperation from society in this matter. In the video, the man can be heard saying, “It is my request to society that you should cooperate with me as much as possible.”

Naina has been admitted to a hospital. At the same time, two accused who attacked Naina have been arrested by the police but Armaan Ali is absconding. The police have filed a case against the accused under sections 307 and 34 of the IPC. Police have recovered two country-made pistols, two live and one empty cartridge from the arrested accused. In this case, the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) issued a notice to the Delhi Police on 26 August 2022 and sought a report on the action taken in the matter.

At the same time, the girl’s uncle informed that in the last week of June, a complaint was made to the police against the accused in this regard, but the police did not take any action. Due to this, the spirit of the accused grew and he shot the girl.

DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.