The World Premiere of the Indian film Footprints by a national award-winning filmmaker Javid Banday.
FOOTPRINTS tells a story about five college friends who now moved away from each other and settled in their lives. Mohsin, the protagonist, loves to capture the natural beauty of Kashmir through his still camera as he is going to lose his eyesight in the next six months, which his non-Kashmiri friends are not aware of. So, he wishes to spend some time with his friends and invites them to Kashmir. Despite resentment of the families of the non-Kashmiri friends, they make it happen, and the friends start their journey, which somehow, from a charming expedition, turns out to be a mysterious and odious one.
The World Premiere of FOOTPRINTS is on June 17, 2022, | 7:30 pm at Central Parkway Cinemas at 377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E, Mississauga L5A 3Y1
BOLLYWOOD actors SARFRAZ KHAN & UPPEKHA JAIN will join the celebrations.
Sarfraz is the son of the late legendary actor KADER KHAN and is known for his roles in blockbusters like Wanted, Tere Naam, Milenge Milenge, and Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobara, to name a few.
Uppekha is a Former Miss India Worldwide, Miss India-Canada Worldwide, and the first Canadian actor to land a starring role on Star Plus prime-time Indian TV soap opera Saath Nibhana Saathiya.
In conversation with the Javid Banday:
Please tell me what inspired you to make FOOTPRINTS?
My inspiration for making FOOTPRINTS was to tell a well visceral story in the backdrop of Kashmir. My first love is writing. I have written a few award-winning scripts in the past. The writer always keeps victualing his characters and scene while writing them. As a director, we get an opportunity to bring our characters to life; we interact with the characters and have their input about the characters; overall, that’s an inspiring and exciting experience for a writer turned director.
What was the biggest challenge in completing this film?
Location – was the biggest challenge for our film. My base is in Canada, and arranging a film shoot in another part of the world is a big challenge, especially for an Indi filmmaker like me. However, since I was born and brought up there, I was pretty fortunate to have a dedicated local team behind me to make it happen. Fortunately, the challenge “Locations” turned out to be the USP of our film. Kashmir is a character in our movie, and its mesmerizing and breathtaking beauty will always leave its footprints in people’s memories.
ABOUT THE WRITER, PRODUCER & DIRECTOR
While working in India, UAE, and Canada, Javid Banday gained extensive experience in radio, television, and ﬁlm production.
He started his career as a Transmission Executive (programs) from Indian Broadcasting Corporation (India) and served in Dubai Television (UAE) for five years before migrating to Canada in 2006.
Javid achieved his postgrad diploma in ﬁlm studies from Sheridan College, Canada. He then formed a media production company, Mediamark International Corp., in 2010, which turned into a trusted source in television and advertising and the ﬁlm industry.
He has written, directed, and produced about 40 Ad ﬁlms, ten feature, and documentary ﬁlms for independent ﬁlm houses.
Javid juggled several production hats with various Bollywood movies that have traveled worldwide to various ﬁlm festivals, including Cannes Film Festival, Toronto Film Festival, and UK Asian Film Festival.
List of achievements:
- He has several associations with Bollywood projects as a Writer/Producer/Director. Two particular projects, “Identity Card-Ek Lifeline” and “Side A & Side B,” World premiered at Cannes Film Fest in 2017.
- He scripted, produced, and directed the Feature Film “The Footprints,” scheduled to be released in theaters in Canada this summer.
- “The Million Dollar Nomad” is an Indo-Canadian project shot in France, Holland, Switzerland & India that got backed by one of the top-notch American Distribution Companies, House of Film, known for nine Award-winning Academy films.
- He scripted, directed & produced a short film, “The Stanger,” that got into the Cannes Short Film Corner 2016.
- In 1994, Javid bagged India’s prestigious National Award for Best Documentary of the Year for “He was a Reality” (Who Ek Sach Tha).
- In 1994, Javid earned yet another accolade for “One Day of Peace,” a documentary based on the topic of the year, declared by UNESCO (UNO): “Tolerance.” The documentary won nominations for “Prix Italia International Awards.”
DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.