Open Letter to CM Khatter from BPTP Discovery Park Buyers Faridabad
Homebuyers request CM Manohar Lal Khattar intervention in BPTP case
BPTP DISCOVERY PARK, SECTOR-80, GREATER FARIDABAD
BRIEF FOR HON’BLE CHIEF MINISTER OF HARYANA
1. RERA REGISTRATION No. 297 of 2017 dt. 16 Oct 2017
2. LICENSE DETAILS. License no. 44 dated 07 Mar 08
3. Building plan is approved vide memo no. ZP-416/JD(DK)2012/11219 dated
27 Jun 12.
4. Brief on the Project. Bookings commenced in 2011-12 with promised completion in 2014-15. A club with all the sports facilities and swimming pool was also promised.
(a) When pressure was increased, five towers were completed in
Oct-Nov 18 but without any other promised amenities, in spite of buyers having paid all the money. Therefore, buyers of these towers refused possession.
(b) Apart from Builder Buyer Agreement, one more Settlement Deed was signed in Sep 19 to break impasse. Following was mutually agreed: –
(i) Buyers of five ready towers will accept possession and do final balance payments. Approx 250 buyers accepted possession.
(ii) Builder promised that the incomplete towers, Club and Sports facilities will get completed by Sep 2020.
5. Current Status. Buyers completed their part of Settlement Deed, court cases were withdrawn by buyers as promised, however, builder has once again not been able to make good his promises.
(a) Insignificant progress has been made from Sep 19 till Oct 20.
(b) Incomplete four towers and other amenities still are far from completion with no visible intent of builder to complete them.
(c) Repeated reminders have failed to make any impact on the builder.
(d) Even when the Project is inordinately delayed by more than five years, builder has invoked “Force Majeure” and unilaterally suspended the Settlement Deed of
(e) Construction ban due to pollution and CORONA had only been for a limited time and could have been overcome by better planning and execution displaying better administrative & managerial skills by BPTP.
6. Prayer to Hon’ble Chief Minister. The buyers of Discovery Park have been suffering for an unduly long time due to high handedness of builder, therefore, we urge the Hon’ble CM to kindly impress upon BPTP to complete the Project Discovery Park at Sector-80 Faridabad to offer possession Dec 2020, please.
DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.