The spate of temple vandalism and desecration continues across India unabated. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are the worst affected.
These attacks have been continuous and the government is yet to apprehend and prosecute the culprits in most of these cases. Reports claim about 127 cases of temple vandalism and desecration of murtis in the state in just the past 18months!
On one hand, there are weekly attacks on Hindu temples, on the other hand, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana government continue to provide grants to Christians to build or repair their churches, which shines the spotlight on rapid evangelical conversions in the state.
This is the villainy of secularism that the national media neglects and does not talk about.
An example is an order cited below from 29th of December, 2020 granting Rs. 10 crores for construction of new churches and repairs in old ones in Telangana.
The grants to build churches is given through a government entity – Andhra Pradesh Christian Minority Finance Corporation established in 2008. Although the stated purpose of this body is to “assist the Christians community for their socio-economic development in collaboration with Banks and other Development Agencies”, it does several other unconventional things – which can only be viewed as state-sponsored promotion of the conversion to Christianity.
This Corporation assists with:
- Usual schemes of scholarships,
- Financing marriage ceremonies,
- Coaching for Christian students,
- Construction and repair of churches,
- Pilgrimage to Jerusalem,
- Financial assistance to Christian institutions like hospitals etc,
- Pays for school fees of Christian students in best available private schools,
- Pays for the training of Christian students to get admission in foreign universities,
- Provides Rs. 10 lakh per Christian student to study in foreign universities,
- Establishes Christian Bhavans as community centres exclusively for Christians in each district.
Isn’t this enough enticement for a poor Hindu to convert and benefit from these exclusive Christian facilities. But wait…there’s some special benefits.
- The government provides the Christian converts from scheduled castes, reservation benefits.
- In case of inter caste marriage between Christians and scheduled caste, the couple is provided a grant of Rs. 50000/- (It is pertinent to note that only Hindus can be scheduled caste, so this is a nefarious way to promote inter religious marriage and conversion)
After the momentous verdict and the elation of building Ram mandir at Ayodhya, Government of Bharat symbolically donated Rs. 1 as a matter of goodwill, that’s it, Re.1 for the deity who is the very chetana of this land!
Unbeknownst to us, Hindu temples continue to act as a source of revenue for the state governments. Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams alone has an annual budget of more than Rs. 3000 crore, from which some money is used for temple administration and rest is planned to be parked in state and central govt securities.
Basically, it means that Hindu temples are generating revenue without deriving any benefit, let alone, the ability to do anything to maintain or promote their own Dharmic practices. The government revenue is, in the meanwhile, spent on promotion of Christianity with no control over the Churches.
Meanwhile, the following temples were attacked and the Idols were damaged in Andhra Pradesh under the administration of the Christian chief minister:
- 14.11.2019: Durga temple in Guntur
- 21.01.2020: Hanuman temple in Pithapuram
- 11.02.2020: Venugopala swami temple in Rompicherla
- 13.02.2020: The main entrance of a temple in Undrajavaram
- 14.02.2020: The Chariot of Lord Balaji was burnt in Bitragunta (District Nellore)
- 06.09.2020: The Chariot of Lakshmi Nrisimha swami burnt in Antarvedi
- 13.09.2020: The Silver Lions from the Chariot of Goddess Durga was stolen
- 15.09.2020: The murti of Saibaba was damaged in Nidamanur (District Krishna)
- 16.09.2020: Hanuman murti was damaged in Eleswaram
- 16.09.2020: Goddess’s murtis were damaged near Gundlapadu in Guntur Dist
- 17.09.2020: Nandi murti was damaged in Makkapet (District Krishna)
- 19.09.2020: Murtis of Lord Shiva were damaged in Chintapalli (District Visakhapatnam)
- 20.09.2020: Photo frames of Lord Ayyappa were damaged near Narasapuram (District West Godavari)
- 23.09.2020: Hanuman murti was damaged in Pathikonda (District Kurnool)
- 25.09.2020: Hanuman murti was damaged near Naidu pet (District Nellore)
- 05.10.2020: Nrisimha swami murti was damaged near Mantralayam (District Kurnool)
- 06.10.2020: Hanuman murti was damaged in Adoni (District Kurnool)
- 06.10.2020: Goddess Saraswati murti was damaged in Narasarao pet (District Guntur)
- 17.10.2020 – The main entrance of Sri Veerabhadra swami temple was damaged I Tarlapadu
- Hanuman murti was damaged near Yanam (District East Godavari)
- Lord Shri Rama murti was damaged in Vizianagaram
- Karthikeya murti was damaged in Rajahmundry
Such perverse implementation of secularism is impossible to find elsewhere!
The native and indigenous traditions and custodians are strategically hamstrung by government control while every possible avenue is exploited, in the service of an evangelical religion using the same state machinery. That is the villainy of secularism in India!
For information on diverse topics about Bharat (India), make sure you subscribe to #TejomayaBharat channel on Youtube: https://bit.ly/TejomayaBharat?sub_confirmation=1
DISCLAIMER: The author is solely responsible for the views expressed in this article. The author carries the responsibility for citing and/or licensing of images utilized within the text.